Coordinate for Success!
An Alexander Technique Workshop on Performance Anxiety
Saturday, April 28, 9:30 am to 1 pm. Tuition: $65
Your coordination influences your body language and how people perceive you. Learn how to make choices that change the quality of that important first impression, and encourage clear communication. Location: Cantare Studio, Springfield ORREGISTER
Healthy Voice Use for Professional Communicators
Are you a K12 teacher, an educator of any kind, a sales person, or a presenter, who speaks for a living? If you find your voice and yourself exhausted at the end of the day, then this course might be for you. Topics covered include: breathing, balance, resonance, projection, clarity/articulation.
* University of Oregon graduate credit: CLICK HEREREGISTER
Ease Your Way...
Alexander Technique for Pregnancy and Childbirth
Next course: August 2018
Would you like to improve your flexibility and self-awareness for an easier pregnancy and birthing experience? This five week class applies the Alexander Technique to the specifics of being pregnant and giving birth. Movement for flexibility, breathing, balancing, sounding, childbirth education, relaxation techniques and partnering are all explored in a fun and relaxing way.REGISTER
"What Every Musician Needs to Know About the Body"
Tuesdays, 6:30 - 8:30 pm. Fall quarter 2018
Master Classes and Workshops
- The Art of Practicing - effective practice techniques for all Music Majors
- The Alexander Technique for Voice Majors
- The Alexander Technique for Piano Majors
- The Alexander Technique for wind instrument players
- Intro to the Alexander Technique
- Breathe to Move, Move to Breathe - a look at the relationship between these two core functions for all activities.
- Coordinate for Success - an application of the Alexander Technique for managing performance anxiety.